Salesforce has announced the general availability of DevOps Center to assist teams in accelerating the release of technological solutions. DevOps Center facilitates the collaborative development, testing, and deployment of custom solutions that connect to real-time customer data across Salesforce, including automations, applications, and experiences.
Why it is crucial? DevOps Center provides improved tools to build apps faster and more reliably across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and IT teams, including apps powered by the Genie Customer Data Cloud, resulting in faster time to value in a time when businesses are under intense pressure to deliver success immediately.
- IT teams can monitor the customization of sales processes within visual pipelines and work items, giving sales leadership stakeholders visibility into each project step.
- Administrators can construct Flows (automation) within secure sandboxes to automate customer support, while a programmatic developer extends that work with code in their own sandbox, with DevOps Center orchestrating the changes to prevent conflicts.
- To customize out-of-the-box financial services solutions, developers can use their preferred tools and directly commit changes to source control. Their extended team can then iterate on these changes after viewing them in DevOps Center.
- Release Managers in the health industry can bundle and migrate changes across sandboxes with a few clicks, delivering improved patient experiences more quickly and without the need to manipulate change sets.
- CIOs can also use DevOps Center to build apps and Flows powered by the Genie Customer Data Cloud to understand and unlock customer data and provide real-time, actionable insights at scale.
What is new? The following are essential DevOps Center features that reduce deployment costs and complexity:
- Work is now more organized. Teams can track and deploy associated changes as Work Items, which are records on the new, custom object delivered with the DevOps Center application and can be manipulated with Salesforce Flows and platform operations.
- Change tracking automation to expedite release cycles. DevOps Center automatically tracks modifications made by teams to their sandboxes. Users can simply point and click to highlight their desired metadata components and ignore those that are irrelevant. This eliminates the use of spreadsheets, sticky notes, and change sets for change tracking.
- Tailored conduits. Companies can now create a pipeline that makes sense for each team and associate each stage with a sandbox for development and testing with relative ease.
- Effortless Source Control integrations Teams can connect DevOps Center to version control systems, beginning with GitHub, with a few clicks. This centralizes changes to the source code in a user-friendly manner for those unfamiliar with Git, branch management, and Pull Requests. Now, teams can enforce DevOps best practices and governance without the usual barriers.
- With a few clicks, you can easily migrate and deploy changes. DevOps Center visualizes the entire development pipeline and enables teams to migrate changes from one stage to the next with a single click.
- Helps fusion teams by: While most people associate DevOps with highly technical talent, DevOps Center provides a low-code solution for DevOps best practices, allowing all users to participate in the development pipeline and deliver business solutions.